How to find all the pages that use a specific Page Layout
March 24, 2008
Seems like a simple thing, but it comes up quite a bit… you have a page layout and make an update and want to test all those pages. Just what pages DO use that page layout anyway?
• Go to Site Actions > Manage Content and Structure.
• In the folder list on the left, select Master Page Gallery.
• Click "Show Related Resources".
• Select the radio button that corresponds to the Page Layout you’re interested in.
• In the bottom panel, you’ll see a list of all of the related resources for that Page Layout — those resources that the page layout uses (images, links, etc.), and those that use the page layout, i.e., pages that are based upon that Page Layout.